Position Title: Systems Engineer
1. Job Description:
The Systems Engineer will provide intermediate level technical support for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems.
2. Location: N/A
3. Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems
* Experienced with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling
* Developing system performance, availability, availability, manageability, and security requirements for medium to large scale
* Managing complex software develop efforts using a variety of develop method including Agile using agile process development
* Manage implementation and integration of software/hardware solutions.
* Analysis, design, development, and deployment of virtual environment/infrastructure/solutions
* Systems and Applications level security testing, patching, and maintenance using DISA standards
* Developing, debugging, and unit testing Object Oriented Programming (OOP) applications
* Database design, implementation, and optimization with MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL
* In depth knowledge of database development and administration
* Conduct technical briefing; provide oral presentations; write complex technical documentation
* Designs and develops highly complex, integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
* Recommends systems investment(s) to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
* Provide escalated, highly complex on-site technical support to customers by investigating and resolving systems-related matters of significance.
* Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
* Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
* Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
* Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.
* Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
* Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination.
* Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations.
* Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
* Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle.
* Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness.
* US Citizen
* An active TS/SCI and Polygraph
* Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management with five (5) or more years of experience working with large scale enterprise architecture to include:
o Architecture definition and design of framework infrastructure and service preferably supporting government agencies.
o Design and specification of service-based, distributed Enterprise system solutions.
o System architectures in a service oriented environment.
o Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
o Integrating COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
o Developing, delivering, testing and supporting integrated hardware and software systems with functional requirements.
o Experience with VMWARE or virtualization products
o Experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling
o Strong Linux and Windows Server experience
* Master’s degree in engineering or related technical discipline
* The ability to solve varied technical issues and create and review designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.
* Strong background in Linux/Unix/Windows along with XML, JAVA, .NET.
* Excellent customer facing skills; ability to conduct technical briefing to senior officials; ability to provide oral presentations; ability to write detailed professional documents.
* Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
* Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
* Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates, and team members
* Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
* Ability to integrate complex hardware and software systems
* Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
* Powershell, Active Directory, and Mac OS X experience